The best way we recommend to save on auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Lexington. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop rates annually are very likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared prices regularly saved on average $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly Tesla Model S insurance in Lexington is your target objective, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas covered in this article. But Kentucky car owners can benefit from knowing how companies determine prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
How to get low cost Tesla Model S insurance in Lexington, KY
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy cheap car insurance in Lexington, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Discount Lexington car insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Model S can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer online Tesla Model S insurance quotes in Kentucky, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Lexington.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers auto insurance rates – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Auto insurance policy lapses lead to higher prices – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department.
- Liability limits are a factor – Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Vehicle risk affects rates – The performance of the car you drive makes a significant difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Tesla Model S statistical loss data – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Tesla Model S Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Tesla Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD 324 116 208 39 46 104 Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD 333BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right Tesla Model S insurance in Kentucky is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Tesla Model S has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Tesla at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Model S greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Kentucky overpays more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Lower-priced Tesla Model S insurance in Lexington can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)