Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Kentucky renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Most drivers in the United States could save nearly 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they changed companies.
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Suzuki Forenza insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Lexington.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides the details to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Best Suzuki Forenza insurance price quotes in Kentucky
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Lexington, KY. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Lexington, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Smart Buyers Save Money
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
Reduce premiums by driving safer vehicles – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Suzuki earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Know your credit rating – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Suzuki Forenza if you clean up your credit.
Affects performance affects auto insurance premiums – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Smaller low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Better drivers pay less – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records get better prices as compared to those with violations. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Married people drive safer – Getting married may cut your premiums on your insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Rates impacted by your city – Living in a small town is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People who live in big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
Teenagers vs. older drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers tend to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
Do males or females drive better? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Affordable Lexington car insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers do not list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current Forenza insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each company how you can save money. A few discounts might not apply in Lexington. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is important especially in Lexington.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Lexington who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Lexington
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to contact several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Lexington who may provide free insurance quotes.
- G.L. Herndon Insurance Agency
2220 Executive Dr #203 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 286-7094 – View Map
- Barnes Insurance Center
1202 Winchester Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 253-2728 – View Map
- Cambridge Insurance
2300 Regency Road – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 252-0381 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Lexington willing to provide price quote information.
- Howard Shelton State Farm
2614 Richmond Road – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 266-6640 – View Map
- Bob Pugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
828 Lane Allen Rd #251 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 276-4421 – View Map
- Wallace Barber – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E New Cir Rd #120 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 543-0300 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Once you have satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy at any time so don’t assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on Suzuki Forenza insurance in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Lexington auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)