A recent survey discovered that most car insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Kentucky could save about $630 every year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Really, the only way to find better pricing on Subaru WRX insurance in Lexington is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Kentucky.
First, try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper WRX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The intent of this article is to instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Kentucky car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
Discounts can help save money on Subaru WRX insurance in Lexington
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru may enable drivers to earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Lexington drivers who agree to allow data collection to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current WRX insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for annual mileage, professional/association, location of vehicle, accident-free, good driver, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, driver training, military active duty, membership and employees, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, and good driver.
It’s a good idea to ask each company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be available in Lexington. To see a list of insurance companies with the best Subaru WRX insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide details like marital status, if you require a SR-22, coverage limits, and how much you drive. Your details is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Subaru WRX now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Kentucky. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Lexington, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Kentucky?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Lexington.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When researching a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lexington that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Forcht Insurance Agency
2721 Old Rosebud Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 335-0237 – View Map
- Carpenter-Warren Insurance Inc
271 W Short St # 304 – Lexington, KY 40507 – (859) 252-6691 – View Map
- Heritage Insurance Agency
3306 Clays Mill Rd #106 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-1122 – View Map
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Lexington willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm: Gina Hopper
115 S Locust Hill Dr #107 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 268-6998 – View Map
- Wallace Barber – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E New Cir Rd #120 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 543-0300 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3100 Old Todds Rd #110 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 286-8655 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Lexington should be willing to answer these questions.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lexington?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you feel you receive good feedback as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
In the end, you can save money
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, high prices and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced car insurance in Lexington is attainable from both online companies and with local Lexington insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)