Scraping up a payment for pricey Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington can bottom out your savings account and make it tough to pay other bills. Doing a rate comparison is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Lexington drivers could save themselves approximately $600 a year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Kentucky. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like your driving record and a substandard credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
You have multiple insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to get the best deal for Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington.
All major auto insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide prices on the web. Comparing prices online for Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington is quite easy as you just enter the coverages you want into the form. After you submit the form their quoting system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get the cheapest price.
To compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will get rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Kentucky. If you want the best auto insurance in Lexington, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln Continental insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Lincoln and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Save with these discounts on Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington
Some providers don’t always list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Lexington may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lexington car insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Lexington, follow this link.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent. Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Lexington.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Lexington who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can do a good job, but we need to point out how they are different since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Lexington independent insurance agencies who may provide free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quote information.
Bob Pugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
828 Lane Allen Rd #251 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 276-4421 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Lexington should have no problem answering these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Kentucky?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lexington?
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
What is the best car insurance company in Lexington?
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Lexington. The ranking information displayed below could help you decide which companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to save on Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Lexington car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Lexington car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
The cheapest Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When searching for affordable Lexington car insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
How to find more affordable Lincoln Continental insurance in Lexington
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Lexington. This can be done by following these steps.
First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on Continental insurance in Lexington. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lexington, KY? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)