Are you searching for low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Lexington? If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, you can be overwhelmed due to the large number of insurance providers that all promise the best rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Lexington.
How to find affordable quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Lexington
The preferred way to get cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Lexington. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives additional tips to get better rates and find additional discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unimaginable but true, most auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Lexington could save approximately $630 every year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around as often as possible because auto insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best price on Chevy Cruze insurance in Lexington last year you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to save on auto insurance.
Our goal in writing this article let you in on how to effectively get price quotes. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Kentucky consumers need to have an understanding of how companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Lexington is to realize most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like the make and model of your vehicles, your occupation, an estimate of your credit level, and if you are currently licensed. The rating information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To find lower lower-cost Chevy Cruze insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Lexington.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Kentucky. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
The list below includes a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most insurance companies afford lower prices to clients who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- The type of vehicle you drive affects your rates – The type of car you need to insure makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Good drivers pay better costs – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Having a single ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Prices and your address – Having an address in a rural area can be a good thing when buying insurance. Urban drivers regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- With age comes lower rates – Older people are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are proven to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Drive less and save – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy annually the higher your rate. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Cruze may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Too many policy claims drive up insurance rates – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Kentucky award discounts to insureds who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Chevy Cruze claim data – Companies study historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Kentucky is overpaying more than $869 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.