Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Pontiac Grand Prix in Kentucky can be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Pontiac and get the lowest price.
You need to shop coverage around before your next renewal because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best price on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Lexington last year there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the right way to save on auto insurance.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and still get good coverage. Shopping for the best insurance in Lexington is simple if you know the tricks. Smart buyers just need to learn the proper methods to find the lowest price from many different companies online.
You may qualify for discounts for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Lexington
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Grand Prix insurance in Lexington.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Lexington auto insurance digitally online.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new Grand Prix can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
To choose companies who offer free Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes in Lexington, follow this link.
How to buy Pontiac Grand Prix insurance online
Finding more affordable Pontiac Grand Prix car insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rates to see which company has low cost Lexington auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Lexington, KY. To get cheap car insurance in Lexington, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Kentucky?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Lexington auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Lexington?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Lexington car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Lexington can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm: Mike Brownell
501 Darby Creek Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-8454 – View Map
- State Farm – Bob Pitman
851 Corporate Dr Ste 200 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 223-1191 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tom Barrick
2891 Richmond Rd Ste 115 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 268-3222 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Lexington independent insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- G.L. Herndon Insurance Agency
2220 Executive Dr #203 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 286-7094 – View Map
- Kentucky Insurance Inc
1750 Alexandria Dr – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 277-8877 – View Map
- Barnes Insurance Center
1202 Winchester Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 253-2728 – View Map
Lexington auto insurance company ratings
Selecting a high-quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Lexington. The company ratings shown below may help you decide which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Car insurance coverages for a Pontiac Grand Prix
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Kentucky state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac Grand Prix.
Since many Kentucky drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10 in Kentucky), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Grand Prix from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Grand Prix to bring the cost down.
Affordable insurance is out there
More affordable insurance in Lexington can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Lexington auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Lexington
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Lexington is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Kentucky. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding and a substandard credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A tip to remember is to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)