Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Nissan Rogue in Kentucky can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Nissan and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Lexington agents.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Lexington is easy if you know what you're doing. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Consumers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison rates from many different companies.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage price quotes direct online. Getting online quotes for Nissan Rogue insurance in Lexington is quite easy as you simply enter the coverages you want into the form. Once entered, their system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information.
Using the web to get rates for Nissan Rogue insurance in Lexington makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to perform this step if you are searching for cheap rates.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Kentucky. To buy cheap car insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage table shown next showcases detailed analysis of coverage prices for Nissan Rogue models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are determined is important for drivers to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$288||$426||$484||$28||$144||$1,370||$114|
|Rogue S AWD||$288||$426||$484||$28||$144||$1,370||$114|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$288||$426||$484||$28||$144||$1,370||$114|
|Rogue SL AWD||$288||$500||$484||$28||$144||$1,444||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Nissan Rogue insurance premiums for different age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Rogue auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Choosing Rogue insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Lexington, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your Nissan Rogue and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to save money.
How Your Rogue Insurance Costs are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Bundling policies can get discounts - Most larger auto insurance companies afford better rates to insureds that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs - The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for small economy passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
The data below assumes a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Rogue policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Single drivers take more risk - Having a significant other can actually save you money on auto insurance. It may mean you are more financially stable and it's statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Car features can affect auto insurance rates - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
Small claims can cost you - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Kentucky generally give the best rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Lower rates for safer vehicles - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Extra policy coverages that aren't used - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you don't need them eliminate them to save money.
Loss statistics for a Nissan Rogue - Companies analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Nissan Rogue vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD||94||91||77||116||108||93|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD||94||92||79||117||106||87|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD||100||119||69||165||169||115|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD||107||136||69||154||159||132|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discount Lexington car insurance quotes
Some providers don't always list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Driver Safety - Passing a defensive driving class could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lexington car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Lexington Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Rogue premium costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, federal employee, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, driver training, annual mileage, safe driver, vehicle storage, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- American Family discounts include good student, air bags, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, Switch & Save, homeowner, claim free, multi-policy, paid-in-full, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, mature driver, pay in full, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, defensive driving training, good student, student away at school, and multiple autos.
If you want cheaper Lexington car insurance quotes, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer cheap Nissan Rogue insurance quotes in Lexington, click here to view.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Lexington who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lexington?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the quote a firm price?
When finding a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lexington that can give you comparison quotes.
- Russ Tucker - State Farm Insurance Agent
1206 N Broadway - Lexington, KY 40505 - (859) 259-0404 - View Map
- Stewart Perry - State Farm Insurance Agent
2128 Nicholasville Rd - Lexington, KY 40503 - (859) 277-7195 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3100 Old Todds Rd #110 - Lexington, KY 40509 - (859) 286-8655 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Lexington who can help you get rate quotes.
- Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A - Lexington, KY 40503 - (859) 276-0400 - View Map
- Kent Smith Insurance / The Randolph Scott Agency
1025 Dove Run Rd #302 - Lexington, KY 40502 - (859) 225-5616 - View Map
- Greater Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
1066 Wellington Way - Lexington, KY 40513 - (859) 224-2477 - View Map
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are entitled to terminate your policy any time you want so never assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Lexington. The information in the lists below may help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
One last note
When searching for the cheapest Nissan Rogue rate quotes, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Nissan Rogue insurance in Lexington is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Lexington agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just presented many ideas to lower your Nissan Rogue insurance premium rates in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Lexington car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Steps to buying affordable Nissan Rogue insurance in Lexington
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable Nissan Rogue insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Lexington. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic citations and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Don't forget to keep your new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)