It’s shocking but most car insurance policyholders in Kentucky renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could pocket 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Lexington is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for information to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Mirage G4 insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Many insurance companies provide pricing directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Lexington is easy for anyone as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form their quoting system sends out for credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Lexington simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to get the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. If you want cheap auto insurance in Lexington, KY, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in Kentucky and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mitsubishi Mirage G4 with a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Mitsubishi for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mitsubishi and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mitsubishi as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
You may qualify for discounts for Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Lexington
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include early shopping, pay in full, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, accident-free, good driver, good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including early signing, safe driver, multi-policy, farm vehicle, 55 and retired, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, multi-policy, anti-theft, driver training, seat belt use, and federal employee.
If you need the cheapest Mitsubishi Mirage G4 rate quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Lexington car insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Kentucky?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
- Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3100 Old Todds Rd #110 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 286-8655 – View Map
- Dawn Stice – State Farm Insurance Agent
121 Prosperous Pl Ste 11A – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 271-2277 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Lexington willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Elite Insurance
2408 Sir Barton Way # 375 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 264-9400 – View Map
- Energy Insurance Inc
3008 Atkinson Ave – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 273-1549 – View Map
- Strong Insurance Agency, LLC
80 Codell Dr #120 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 263-5840 – View Map
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
You can find cheaper coverage
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance premium rates in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Discount Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Lexington can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Lexington, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lexington, KY? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)