If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Lexington.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives additional ideas to find cheap prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on e-Golf insurance in Lexington. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,130, Kentucky drivers could cut their rates by 30% a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Affordable Volkswagen insurance rates in Lexington
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. To get cheap car insurance in Lexington, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Lexington
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy premium.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Nationwide has discounts for defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, federal employee, daytime running lights, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including automatic seat belts, driver training, teen driver, early bird, 55 and older, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, bundle, and anti-theft.
When getting free Lexington auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply in Lexington. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Volkswagen e-Golf insurance quotes in Lexington, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Kentucky?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local Lexington insurance agencies
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Lexington.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you are searching for a local Lexington insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Lexington are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Lexington that can give you free price quotes.
- Reynolds Insurance Agency Inc
1500 Leestown Rd #160 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 412-4636 – View Map
- Carpenter-Warren Insurance Inc
271 W Short St # 304 – Lexington, KY 40507 – (859) 252-6691 – View Map
- Barnes Insurance Center
1202 Winchester Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 253-2728 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Lexington exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Stewart Perry – State Farm Insurance Agent
2128 Nicholasville Rd – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 277-7195 – View Map
- Russ Tucker – State Farm Insurance Agent
1206 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 259-0404 – View Map
- State Farm: Bethany Hicks
1050 Chinoe Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 264-0246 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
We just showed you many ways to lower your Volkswagen e-Golf insurance car insurance rates in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Cheap Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Lexington can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lexington agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)