Feel like you’re a prisoner to an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are many people just like you.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who compare rates once a year will most likely switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved about $865 a year compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on Mercury Montego insurance in Lexington is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you be more efficient.
How to find cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Lexington
The best way we recommend to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Lexington.
- Try to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for ideas to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Montego coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
People have multiple insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Lexington.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons occasionally since insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest quotes on Mercury Montego insurance in Lexington last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can search a lot of Montego insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to quit paying high insurance rates in Lexington.
Locating cheaper auto insurance policy in Lexington is easy to do. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare company rates from many different companies.
Companies offering Mercury Montego insurance in Lexington
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Lexington, KY. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in Lexington, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower rates.
Driving citations hurt – Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
Do you have a stressful occupation? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs like professors, historians and retirees get better rates.
Coverage lapses raise premiums – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
Little extras can really add up – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
When should you not file insurance claims? – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Kentucky provide better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Safer cars means cheaper rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
Mercury Montego insurance discounts in Lexington
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century has discounts for homeowners, theft prevention, early bird, student driver, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, defensive driving training, multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, new move discount, multi-policy, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply in Lexington. If you would like to view providers offering auto insurance discounts in Lexington, follow this link.
Compare prices but still have a local Lexington insurance agent
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Lexington.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they work. Lexington agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both can write insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent agents in Lexington that may be able to give rate quotes.
Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Lexington willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing an insurance agency requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Lexington should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lexington?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lexington?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If they are an independent agency in Lexington, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lexington?
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Frequent quotes can save
Affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Lexington can be found online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce Mercury Montego insurance rates online in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Steps to buying lower priced Mercury Montego insurance in Lexington
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for Mercury Montego insurance in Lexington is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide car insurance in Kentucky.
- Get an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Montego coverage is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.