Really, the only way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Lexington.
- First, gain an understanding of individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Immediately put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
A recent insurance study revealed that over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Kentucky could save roughly $630 a year, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
Buying cheaper insurance policy in Lexington is not as hard as you may think. If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance and still have adequate protection. You just have to understand the most efficient way to shop for insurance online.
Best companies for Lexus GS 200t insurance
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Lexington, KY, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Lexington insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should help lower your overall bill.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Lexington. If you would like to view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Kentucky, click this link.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Kentucky?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t I need to get advice from an insurance agency?
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent. Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agents is still important in Lexington.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Lexington that can provide free Lexington auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Lexington for you
If you want a good Lexington insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Lexington who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
Nicole Wright Insurance Agency
169 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0221 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any good agent in Lexington should know the answers to these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Low-cost Lexus GS 200t insurance in Lexington is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Lexington, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, high prices or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Lexington? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)