It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount Hyundai Entourage insurance in Lexington is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Kentucky. This can be done by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Entourage coverage is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Shockingly, most Kentucky car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. American drivers could save 46.5% every year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Companies offering affordable Hyundai Entourage price quotes in Lexington, KY
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Kentucky. To find cheaper car insurance in Lexington, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy states the correct usage. Incorrect rating for your Entourage can cost quite a bit.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Never let your coverage expire – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – Your credit history factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hyundai Entourage by improving your credit score. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Hyundai Entourage earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- An active claims history can cost you more – Car insurance companies in Kentucky award discounts to people who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Good drivers pay better premiums – Only having one chargeable violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with careless tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Lower rate quotes on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Lexington with these car insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Lexington car insurance depending on your company.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lexington and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow driving data submission to track their driving habits remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Allstate offers discounts for new car, resident student, 55 and retired, premier plus, and eSmart discount.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for family plan, defensive driving, multi-policy, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, good driver, good student, claim-free, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings may not be offered in your area.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Lexington car insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Lexington who will give you quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Lexington?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
When finding a local Lexington insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Lexington can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Lexington that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bryon Elkins
3101 Richmond Rd #311a – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 488-2531 – View Map
- Keith Renfro – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Clays Mill Rd Suite 402 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 278-8415 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Lexington independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Keystone Sills Insurance Agency
210 Malabu Dr – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 276-1881 – View Map
- Blue Grass Insurance
2560 Richmond Rd # 200 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-0050 – View Map
- G.L. Herndon Insurance Agency
2220 Executive Dr #203 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 286-7094 – View Map
Compare but don’t skimp
Budget-friendly car insurance in Lexington is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, high prices, poor customer service or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When getting Lexington car insurance quotes online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Much more information about car insurance in Kentucky can be read at the links below
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)