Do you get exhausted from sacrificing to insure your Ford every month? You have the same problem as many other Kentucky consumers.
Shockingly, about 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Lexington could save an average of as much as $600 each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
How to find affordable Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Ford Expedition insurance is to compare prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Lexington. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get low prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Expedition coverage is available in Lexington. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you use identical coverages on every quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
People have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest cost provider for Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington.
It’s a good idea to compare rates on a regular basis because prices change regularly. If you had the lowest quotes on Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington six months ago you can probably find a better rate now. You’ll find a ton of advice on Expedition insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to reduce your car insurance bill.
Save a ton on Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington with these discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Expedition insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Expedition insurance in Lexington.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better prices.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will lower your car insurance premiums.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Expedition insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see companies who offer cheap Ford Expedition insurance quotes in Lexington in Lexington, click here to view.
The majority of larger companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington can be done by anyone as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these factors. Using the web to get rate quotes for Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will receive comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Lexington, KY. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Ford Expedition insurance charts and tables
The price information shown next showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Expedition models. Understanding how insurance rates are established can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$320||$418||$364||$22||$108||$1,232||$103|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$362||$508||$364||$22||$108||$1,364||$114|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$362||$508||$364||$22||$108||$1,364||$114|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$362||$508||$364||$22||$108||$1,364||$114|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$362||$598||$364||$22||$108||$1,454||$121|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$362||$598||$364||$22||$108||$1,454||$121|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$362||$598||$364||$22||$108||$1,454||$121|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$402||$598||$364||$22||$108||$1,494||$125|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$402||$598||$364||$22||$108||$1,494||$125|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$402||$598||$364||$22||$108||$1,494||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower coverage prices greatly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Ford Expedition insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Lexington who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Lexington will have answers to these questions.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How long has the business existed?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Lexington are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Lexington exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-0400 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
Quote more and you will save more
We just showed you some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ford Expedition insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper car insurance in Lexington can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Lexington car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
Steps to buying discount Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount Ford Expedition insurance in Lexington is to compare quotes annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
- First, gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Expedition coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Lexington? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)