To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Chevy Spark insurance in Lexington is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in the United States could save themselves up to 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online.
Lexington insurance discounts for a Chevy Spark
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Lexington auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Spark insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for type of vehicle, multi-car, professional/association, annual mileage, good driver, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, good student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, mature driver, homeowner, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple policy, good student, and accident-free.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, anti-theft, senior citizen, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and new car.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, driver training, seat belt use, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in Lexington, follow this link.
The following companies provide free quotes in Kentucky. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Lexington, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you cheaper rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the most common factors insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. Smaller low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Higher prices for specific employers – Careers such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- How much liability – The liability section of your policy will protect you when you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Stay claim-free and save – Auto insurance companies in Kentucky award the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- Raising physical damage deductibles saves money – Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Cheaper premiums using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Always keep your insurance policy in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Lexington insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Lexington.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Lexington that can give you free Lexington auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Lexington can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can write business through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent agents in Lexington that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
- Reynolds Insurance Agency Inc
1500 Leestown Rd #160 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 412-4636 – View Map
- Strong Insurance Agency, LLC
80 Codell Dr #120 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 263-5840 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Lexington exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm – Bob Pitman
851 Corporate Dr Ste 200 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 223-1191 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua Williams
2240 Executive Dr Ste 103 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 243-0162 – View Map
- Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long has their agency been open in Lexington?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Kentucky?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lexington?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark insurance, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Spark with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Do the work, save more money
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your Chevy Spark insurance premium rates in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Lexington is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)