The easiest way to get low-cost Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Lexington is to annually compare prices from providers in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s hard to believe, but the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in America could save 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to save money using these tips. Shopping for the cheapest insurance coverage in Lexington is simple if you know the tricks. Nevertheless, Kentucky vehicle owners do need to know the way companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help determine your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower rates.
Listed below are most of the major factors that factor into prices.
High credit rating translates to low prices – Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Land Rover Range Rover by improving your rating.
Gaps in coverage mean higher insurance rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Rural areas have lower costs – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Older drivers save more – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers are known to be inattentive when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Kentucky provide most affordable rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Driving citations can be expensive – Even a single chargeable violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Land Rover Range Rover insurance claim data – Insurers use statistical claims data when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Land Rover Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD||159|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD||143||139||127||75||73||120|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD||169||116||332||34||104|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD||223||397|
|Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD||166||103||252||47||46||88|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Just keep in mind that more quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Lexington, KY, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Lexington, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Land Rover at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Land Rover Range Rover and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
These discounts can lower Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates
Some insurance providers do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Range Rover insurance in Lexington.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Land Rover can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- Claim-Free Discount – Lexington drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out some life insurance too.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount rates in Lexington, follow this link.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Lexington who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lexington?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Kentucky?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When finding an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Lexington agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Ison
2121 Richmond Rd Ste 145 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 268-8850 – View Map
- Bill Rea – State Farm Insurance Agent
138 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 273-7373 – View Map
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Lexington willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
- Carpenter-Warren Insurance Inc
271 W Short St # 304 – Lexington, KY 40507 – (859) 252-6691 – View Map
- Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-0400 – View Map
Once you have good feedback to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will service your policy. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t assume that you are obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Best car insurance company in Kentucky
Ending up with the best auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are in Lexington. The company ratings displayed below can help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Auto insurance can be complex
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Get the best coverage at the best price
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Lexington auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When getting Lexington auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)