If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Lexington. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Find a Lexington insurance agent
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverages on each price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Lexington is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of how to find and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting a better price. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Lexington car insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is especially important in Lexington.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Lexington that can give you free Lexington auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Lexington that can give you price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Turner Ins Group LLC
3320 Clays Mill Rd #211 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-0972 – View Map
- G.L. Herndon Insurance Agency
2220 Executive Dr #203 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 286-7094 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: McGuire Insurance Agency, Inc
185 Pasadena Dr Ste 235 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 268-2542 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following are Lexington exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Tom Barrick
2891 Richmond Rd Ste 115 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 268-3222 – View Map
- State Farm: Mike Brownell
501 Darby Creek Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-8454 – View Map
- Shelter Insurance – Dawan Hart
2050 Regency Rd – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-2661 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
What is the best auto insurance company in Kentucky?
Buying coverage from the top car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Lexington. The company ratings below could help you decide which car insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General