Do you think you bought an expensive car insurance policy? You’re in good company because you’re not the only one.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many drivers in Kentucky can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
Steps to finding cheaper Kia Sorento insurance in Lexington
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable Kia Sorento insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Lexington. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive increase brand awareness with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s important to compare prices every six months since rates change regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Kia Sorento insurance in Lexington six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. To find cheap car insurance in Lexington, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Choosing Kia vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Lexington, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Sorento, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable Lexington auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list every discount available very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Lexington car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, air bags, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include accident-free, location of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, alternative fuel, teen driver, pay in full, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multiple vehicles, paperless, paid in full, multi-policy, and teen driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, multi-policy, newly retired, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, homeowner, safe driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- USAA has savings for multi-vehicle, new vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, vehicle storage, family discount, and good student.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Insurance agencies can help
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Lexington who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there a local claims center in Lexington?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Kia Sorento insurance in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexington car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Lexington can be sourced online and with local Lexington insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
Steps to finding lower priced Kia Sorento insurance in Lexington
The most effective way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Lexington is to compare quotes annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Sorento coverage is available. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)