If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Lexington is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Kentucky. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Remarkably, a study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on Kia Amanti insurance in Lexington is your intention, then having some insight into how to shop for insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. Shopping around for the best-priced auto insurance in Lexington is easy to do. But Kentucky drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information including if a SR-22 is required, deductibles desired, your job, and marital status. That rating data is instantly submitted to multiple car insurance providers and they return cost estimate quickly.
To check Kia Amanti insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. In order to find the best auto insurance in Lexington, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Kia Amanti insurance in Lexington with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- E-sign Discounts – A few companies provide a small discount get Lexington auto insurance on the internet.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Amanti insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for location of vehicle, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, good student, bundle discounts, multi-car, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, driver’s education, good student, and student away at school.
- Allstate may include discounts for multi-policy, farm vehicle, early signing, premier discount, safe driver, and good payer.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, seat belt use, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
If you need affordable Kia Amanti insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Lexington.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Lexington who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a list of insurers in Lexington that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Kia Amanti insurance in Lexington.
- David Lovejoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Towne Center Dr #125 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 266-2121 – View Map
- Barnes Insurance Center
1202 Winchester Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 253-2728 – View Map
- Neely Taylor-Wade Insurance
133 Walton Ave – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-7855 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: McGuire Insurance Agency, Inc
185 Pasadena Dr Ste 235 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 268-2542 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a company that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. Just remember you can cancel coverage when you choose so never assume you’re contractually obligated to a policy for the full policy term.
Informed Drivers Save Every Year
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Kia Amanti scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Credit history impacts rates – Your credit history factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Kia Amanti by improving your credit score. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
Only buy add-on coverages you need – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Amanti policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Your career may increase premiums – Occupations such as fire fighters, social workers, and accountants tend to have the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers like scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Younger drivers pay higher costs – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers have been known to get distracted easily when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Lexington, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Amanti, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Kia Amanti and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Kentucky is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Kia Amanti insurance in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Homeowners in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)