The best way we recommend to get budget auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Lexington. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for information to get lower rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers in Kentucky have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. American consumers could save an average of roughly 47% each year, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
Get lower-cost rates on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Lexington with these car insurance discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Captiva Sport insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Captiva Sport insurance.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be available in Lexington. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer online Chevy Captiva Sport insurance quotes in Lexington, click here to view.
Most companies like Allstate and Progressive give prices for coverage on the web. Comparing Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. After you complete the form, their quoting system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information. This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a better rate.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, check out the auto insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Lexington, KY. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
Use one insurance company and save – Some insurance companies provide a discount to clients who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Teen drivers pay more – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving so insurance rates are higher.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better prices – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Employer and insurance rates – Careers such as doctors, executives, and medical professionals have the highest rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as professors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Captiva Sport can cost quite a bit. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage.
Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse helps lower the price on your insurance bill. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Loss probability for a Chevy Captiva Sport – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD||89||95||88||123||115||105|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Lexington that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Two types of car insurance agents
When looking for local Lexington agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Lexington are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below are Lexington independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
If you get acceptable answers to these questions and inexpensive Chevrolet Captiva Sport insurance in Lexington quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage. Keep in mind you are able to cancel coverage any time you want so never assume you are locked into any particular company for a certain time period.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Captiva Sport insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Lexington car insurance companies
Choosing a good quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Lexington. The information displayed below could help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cost effective Chevy Captiva Sport insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local Lexington insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)