The best way to get budget car insurance rates in Lexington is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Kentucky. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and an imperfect credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Aerio insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important part of this process is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most Kentucky car insurance customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in the United States could save an average of as much as $859 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Locating the best rates in Lexington is actually very simple if you learn how to start. But Kentucky car owners need to have an understanding of how companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Lexington takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details like how much school you completed, your occupation, if the vehicle is leased, and if you have an active license. Your rating data is submitted instantly to all major companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your Suzuki Aerio now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Lexington.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Lexington, KY. If you want cheap car insurance in Lexington, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Don’t neglect these seven discounts on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Lexington
Companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Paperless Signup – A few auto insurance companies provide a small discount get Lexington car insurance digitally online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, good driver, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Progressive discounts include good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
When getting free Lexington car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be available in your area. If you would like to view providers with the best Suzuki Aerio insurance discounts in Lexington, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Kentucky?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lexington?
- Does their agency support local causes in Lexington?
If you want a local Lexington insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington that can give you price quote information.
Joe Daugherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
651 Perimeter Dr Ste 204 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 269-4990 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, you need to check rates from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent agents in Lexington willing to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Bryan Joseph Mitchell Agency
252 E Third St – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 293-2253 – View Map
Triad Insurance Agency, Inc.
1216 S Broadway – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 255-0806 – View Map
Upon receiving reasonable responses to these questions as well as inexpensive Suzuki Aerio insurance in Lexington quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Lexington, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Aerio has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Suzuki for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Suzuki. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Aerio greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Aerio from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Aerio in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Suzuki Aerio.
Since many Kentucky drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Kentucky state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like X-ray expenses, funeral costs and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto insurance company ratings
Finding the right auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Lexington. The rank data shown next could help you choose which insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Lexington is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)