It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Pontiac G6 insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Lexington.
- First, try to comprehend how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as careless driving and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover information to help keep rates affordable and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Unthinkable but true, about 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American insurance shoppers could save nearly $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Low cost Lexington Pontiac G6 insurance price quotes
Cutting your Lexington insurance rates is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to take time comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Lexington auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Lexington, KY. To get the best auto insurance in Lexington, KY, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Data for Pontiac G6 insurance
The premium table displayed below outlines estimates of coverage prices for Pontiac G6 models. Having insight into how rate quotes are figured can be of help when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$276||$368||$22||$110||$910||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in your specific Lexington location which can change coverage rates considerably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Pontiac G6 insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Pontiac G6 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Pontiac G6 car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Pontiac G6 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What are good deductibles for a Pontiac G6?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Lexington car insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Lexington.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Lexington who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Lexington who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Forcht Insurance Agency
2721 Old Rosebud Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 335-0237 – View Map
- Greater Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
1066 Wellington Way – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 224-2477 – View Map
- Neely Taylor-Wade Insurance
133 Walton Ave – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-7855 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
- David Lovejoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Towne Center Dr #125 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 266-2121 – View Map
- State Farm – Bob Pitman
851 Corporate Dr Ste 200 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 223-1191 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agency should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Lexington should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lexington?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?