If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Lexington is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Kentucky.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It's a known fact that car insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. People who rate shop once a year will presumably switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable Chevy Silverado insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of how to get price quotes and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Get cheap Chevy Silverado insurance in Lexington with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked for before they will apply.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lexington car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Life Insurance - Some companies give lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, seat belt use, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good student, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Esurance offers discounts including paid-in-full, good student, claim free, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, and anti-theft.
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in Lexington.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give pricing from their websites. The process is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system will obtain your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the data you entered.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's also necessary to do this if you want to get the best rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Lexington, KY. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Lexington, KY, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The price information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Chevy Silverado models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are formulated can be valuable when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$210||$408||$388||$22||$116||$1,144||$95|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$210||$408||$342||$20||$102||$1,082||$90|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$498||$388||$22||$116||$1,266||$106|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$242||$498||$388||$22||$116||$1,266||$106|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$242||$498||$342||$20||$102||$1,204||$100|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$242||$498||$342||$20||$102||$1,204||$100|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$242||$498||$388||$22||$116||$1,266||$106|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$242||$498||$388||$22||$116||$1,266||$106|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$272||$586||$342||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$272||$586||$388||$22||$116||$1,384||$115|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$272||$586||$342||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$272||$586||$388||$22||$116||$1,384||$115|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$272||$586||$388||$22||$116||$1,384||$115|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$272||$586||$342||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$272||$586||$388||$22||$116||$1,384||$115|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$272||$586||$342||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$272||$674||$342||$20||$102||$1,410||$118|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$304||$674||$342||$20||$102||$1,442||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevy Silverado premium costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Lexington insurance agent
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Lexington.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to companies in Lexington who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want a local agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Lexington can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, it's recommended you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Listed below are Lexington independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Heritage Insurance Agency
3306 Clays Mill Rd #106 - Lexington, KY 40503 - (859) 219-1122 - View Map
- Elite Insurance
2408 Sir Barton Way # 375 - Lexington, KY 40509 - (859) 264-9400 - View Map
- KY Insurance and Investment Grp
3320 Clays Mill Rd Suite 214 - Lexington, KY 40503 - (859) 224-0316 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Stewart Perry - State Farm Insurance Agent
2128 Nicholasville Rd - Lexington, KY 40503 - (859) 277-7195 - View Map
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County - Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd - Lexington, KY 40504 - (859) 253-1626 - View Map
- Dwight McCarty - State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Walden Dr #211 - Lexington, KY 40517 - (859) 971-0266 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How are claims handled?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
One last note
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Some companies don't offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Discount Chevy Silverado insurance can be found both online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)