It’s astonishing, but about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in Kentucky being $2,134, drivers could save 30% each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Lexington. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Lowering your Subaru B9 Tribeca car insurance rates can be quick and easy. You just have to take a couple of minutes comparing free Lexington auto insurance quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Kentucky. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance in Lexington with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new B9 Tribeca can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Paperwork-free – Many car insurance companies give back up to $50 get Lexington auto insurance over the internet.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current B9 Tribeca insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on B9 Tribeca insurance in Lexington.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, accident-free, Steer into Savings, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- AAA discounts include good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, annual mileage, good driver, good student, low natural disaster claims, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, bundle discounts, good student, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Lexington. To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Lexington, click here to view.
Lexington auto insurance company ratings
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Kentucky. The ranking data shown next can help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Learn How to Buy Insurance More Affordably
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Remove unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that can add up when buying insurance. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Bundle and save – Lots of insurance companies provide a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other Lexington B9 Tribeca insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Choose high safety ratings and save – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Subaru B9 Tribeca is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Teen vs. older drivers – Teenage drivers in Kentucky are proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.