Really, the only way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Lexington is to compare prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Kentucky.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Lexington. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who rate shop once a year will most likely switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Lexington is the reason you’re reading this, understanding how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can save money and time.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Buying affordable car insurance in Lexington is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Consumers just have to know the most time-saving way to compare different rates online.
How to find cheap Chevy Cavalier insurance in Lexington
Most major insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes direct online. Getting online rates for Chevy Cavalier insurance in Lexington can be done by anyone as you simply type in your coverage information into the form. When complete, their quoting system orders your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. The ability to get online quotes for Chevy Cavalier insurance in Lexington simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will get a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Lexington, KY. To get cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right Chevy Cavalier insurance in Kentucky is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cavalier insurance, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy Cavalier, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Chevy Cavalier and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Kentucky is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Kentucky drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Kentucky), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, structural damage, medical expenses, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Kentucky requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive car insurance
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Cavalier to bring the cost down.
Kentucky car insurance companies ranked
Selecting the best auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Lexington. The information below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Frequent quotes can save
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
You just read many tips how you can save on Chevy Cavalier insurance in Lexington. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Lexington auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced Chevy Cavalier insurance in Lexington can be sourced from both online companies and with local Lexington insurance agents, so you need to quote Lexington auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)