If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Lexington is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Kentucky. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for the cheapest price will probably buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding discount prices. A survey found that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Cadillac ATS insurance in Lexington is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Our goal is to introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Smart shoppers just need to use the quickest way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rates from online providers.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Lexington, KY. To locate cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cheap Cadillac ATS insurance quotes in Lexington
Some companies don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Lexington auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
A few companies that have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
Find Cadillac ATS Insurance at a Discount
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Poor driving habits means higher costs – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Premiums can change based on your address – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- How old are your drivers? – Teen drivers in Kentucky tend to be inattentive when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older people tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Females tend to be lower risk – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Cadillac ATS claim data – Insurance companies use data from past claims when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the loss history for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years