Do you want to save money by finding more affordable Saturn Sky insurance in Lexington? Are you a victim of high-priced Saturn Sky insurance in Lexington? Trust us when we tell you many Lexington drivers feel the same as you.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop rates annually are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A recent study showed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to find and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Saturn Sky insurance in Lexington
The most effective way to get more affordable Saturn Sky insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Lexington.
Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lexington. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Consumers have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest rates for Saturn Sky insurance in Lexington.
It’s important to shop coverage around as often as possible because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rate on Saturn Sky insurance in Lexington a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Saturn Sky insurance in Lexington.
Affordable Lexington Saturn Sky insurance quotes online
To find the best car insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from local Lexington car insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest Saturn Sky insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to and from local Lexington insurance agencies. Quoting Saturn Sky insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional assistance of a local Lexington agent. Some companies do allow you to compare the best prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. If you want cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saturn Sky in Lexington, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Sky has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Saturn Sky and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Lexington is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies provide a small discount for signing up on your computer.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current Sky insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Lexington and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Sky can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including early quote, home ownership, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, multi-car, continuous insurance, and student away at school.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, homeowner, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What if I total my Saturn Sky and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Kentucky?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.