The easiest way to find discount Kia Niro insurance in Lexington is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Kentucky. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more information to prevent expensive rate increases and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once received, store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is that you use identical coverages on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of Kentucky drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save about $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best insurance company for you in Lexington is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Although Kentucky drivers can benefit from knowing the way companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
Best Kia Niro insurance rates in Kentucky
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Kentucky. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Lexington, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Niro insurance in Lexington
Some providers don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Niro insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Lexington car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to view companies who offer cheap Kia Niro insurance quotes in Lexington in Kentucky, click here to view.
The Kia Niro Insurance Rate Equation
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Teen drivers in Kentucky have been known to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a young driver onto your car insurance can cause a big jump in price. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Single drivers may have higher premiums – Having a significant other actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying a policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
Can’t I compare prices from local Lexington insurance agencies?
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Lexington who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lexington?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Lexington insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Lexington exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below are independent agencies in Lexington that can give you price quote information.
The best rates come from being thorough
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
The cheapest Kia Niro insurance in Lexington is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)