It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will presumably switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance in Lexington is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to find and compare car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The recommended way to find low-cost Saab 9-3 insurance in Lexington is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Kentucky.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
How to get free Saab 9-3 insurance quotes online
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rates from local Lexington auto insurance companies. One of the best ways to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to different Lexington agent offices. Comparing Saab 9-3 insurance rate quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional assistance of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will enable you to find a better price.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Lexington, KY. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Lexington, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get discounts on Lexington insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Lexington car insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to monitor vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on your computer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Lexington attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below illustrates the difference between Saab 9-3 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To view insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Lexington, click here.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table shown below outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Saab 9-3 models. Being more informed about how insurance policy rates are established can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$616||$314||$18||$94||$1,314||$110|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$272||$616||$314||$18||$94||$1,314||$110|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$616||$314||$18||$94||$1,314||$110|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$304||$710||$314||$18||$94||$1,440||$120|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$304||$710||$368||$22||$110||$1,514||$126|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$304||$710||$314||$18||$94||$1,440||$120|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$304||$710||$314||$18||$94||$1,440||$120|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$304||$710||$314||$18||$94||$1,440||$120|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$334||$802||$368||$22||$110||$1,636||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates greatly.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The information below visualizes the comparison of Saab 9-3 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Eight Tips to Get More Affordable Lexington Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Deter theft and pay less – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a dented fender, collision with an animal, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your 9-3 is just wasting money.
- How credit rating affects car insurance prices – Your credit rating can be a huge factor in determining your rates. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Saab 9-3 if you clean up your credit.
- Filing policy claims can cost you – Insurance companies in Kentucky generally give most affordable rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Eliminate unneeded extra coverages – Policies have optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Never let your policy expire – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Lexington insurance agency
Some consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Lexington.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lexington who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Lexington can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Lexington independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you price quote information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington willing to provide price quote information.
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Lexington?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Persistence pays off
You just read many ways to lower your Saab 9-3 insurance premium rates in Lexington. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-conscious Saab 9-3 insurance can be bought both online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)