The recommended way to find lower priced Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Lexington. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Optima Hybrid insurance in Lexington. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for better prices are very likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lexington is why you’re here, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for coverages can save time and make the process easier.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Lexington can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers just have to know the quickest method to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
Finding a lower price on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is not a difficult process. Just take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes to find the company with inexpensive Lexington car insurance quotes.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to waste gas driving to and from local Lexington insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible with some companies get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. To get the best auto insurance in Lexington, KY, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Lexington, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Lexington
Many factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Accidents are costly – Just one driving citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. People who have serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Kia Optima Hybrid has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Incidental coverages can cost a lot – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
How old are your drivers? – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers have been known to be easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Your credit score is important – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Kia Optima Hybrid by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Loss statistics for a Kia Optima Hybrid – Companies use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lexington
Auto insurance companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lexington car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lexington car insurance quote.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Some companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in Lexington.
Are car insurance agents used anymore?
A small number of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower prices but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Lexington who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Lexington will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lexington?
- Where are claims handled?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Lexington are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Lexington exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
Nicole Wright Insurance Agency
169 E Reynolds Rd #102 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0221 – View Map
Lexington auto insurance company ratings
Choosing a highly-rated auto insurance provider is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Kentucky. The ranking data below can help you select which car insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- The Hartford
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lexington can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)