To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Lexington is to regularly compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Kentucky.
First, read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Find a Lexington insurance agent
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for better prices are inclined to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your objective, understanding how to find and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest-priced policy in Lexington is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to know the most effective way to shop for insurance online from multiple companies.
Reducing your insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Lexington, KY, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Kentucky but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The premium information below highlights a range of insurance costs for Dodge Dakota models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are calculated can be useful when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$130||$302||$530||$32||$158||$1,152||$96|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$130||$302||$530||$32||$158||$1,152||$96|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$150||$302||$530||$32||$158||$1,172||$98|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$302||$530||$32||$158||$1,172||$98|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$356||$530||$32||$158||$1,226||$102|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$356||$530||$32||$158||$1,226||$102|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$168||$302||$424||$26||$128||$1,048||$87|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$168||$302||$424||$26||$128||$1,048||$87|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$356||$530||$32||$158||$1,244||$104|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$302||$424||$26||$128||$1,048||$87|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$168||$302||$424||$26||$128||$1,048||$87|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$302||$424||$26||$128||$1,048||$87|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$356||$424||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$356||$424||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$356||$424||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$356||$424||$26||$128||$1,122||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in your specific Lexington location which can modify premium rates greatly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Dakota car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Dakota settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $300 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some companies give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Dakota auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, driver training, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and drive less.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, good student, business and professional, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- USAA includes discounts for new vehicle, military installation, loyalty savings, driver training, and multi-policy.
Check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Lexington insurance agent
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Lexington.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
What type of Lexington car insurance agent is right for you?
When looking for a local Lexington insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you contact several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Lexington who may provide price quotes.
- KY Insurance and Investment Grp
3320 Clays Mill Rd Suite 214 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 224-0316 – View Map
- Greater Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
1066 Wellington Way – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 224-2477 – View Map
- Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
465 E High St #101 – Lexington, KY 40507 – (859) 253-6570 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington that can give you price quote information.
- Dwight McCarty – State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Walden Dr #211 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0266 – View Map
- State Farm: Mike Brownell
501 Darby Creek Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-8454 – View Map
- State Farm – Bob Pitman
851 Corporate Dr Ste 200 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 223-1191 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lexington?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- If they are an independent agency in Lexington, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- What if I total my Dodge Dakota and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Dakota?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare but don’t skimp
Budget-conscious Dodge Dakota insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, denial of a claim and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Dodge Dakota insurance premium rates online in Lexington. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)