Overwhelmed by the wide range of insurance companies in Lexington? You’re not alone. You have such a vast assortment of companies available that it can really be a difficult situation to locate the lowest premium rates for Toyota 86 insurance in Lexington. Lexington is a great city to live in, but the high premiums for insurance can make it hard for many residents to meet other financial obligations.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study revealed that people who shopped around every year saved $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on auto insurance in Lexington is the reason you’re here, then knowing how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Kentucky. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Lexington, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better car insurance rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Lexington is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from Lexington attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Lexington can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To choose companies that offer many of these discounts in Lexington, click this link.
Four Tips to Get More Affordable Lexington Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Prices go up with performance – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are usually for economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Your liability insurance limits – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- How many coverages with the same company – Lots of companies apply better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Teenage drivers pay higher prices – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Young drivers have a tendency to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Neighborhood Lexington auto insurance agents
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Lexington who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When finding a local Lexington insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they operate. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Jeff Briggs – State Farm Insurance Agent
449 Lewis Hargett Cir #150 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 273-8512 – View Map
- Keith Renfro – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Clays Mill Rd Suite 402 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 278-8415 – View Map
- Wallace Barber – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E New Cir Rd #120 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 543-0300 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Lexington that can give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Turner Ins Group LLC
3320 Clays Mill Rd #211 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-0972 – View Map
- Kelly Wooten Insurance Agency
2331 Fortune Dr #175 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 278-3487 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
Be persistent and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of information how to find affordable Toyota 86 insurance in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Toyota 86 insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Lexington is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Lexington auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
How to find affordable Toyota 86 insurance in Lexington
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable Toyota 86 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Lexington. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An important note is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with every insurance company. This enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teachers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)