Really, the only way to quote cheaper Nissan Juke insurance in Lexington is to compare quotes once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Kentucky. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of consumers in Kentucky kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. drivers could save an average of 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find a better price. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Kentucky. To get cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheaper rates on Nissan Juke insurance in Lexington with these discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Lexington auto insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety class could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To view auto insurance companies who offer free Nissan Juke insurance quotes in Lexington, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Lexington.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you want a local Lexington insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Lexington are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Lexington who may provide price quote information.
- Energy Insurance Inc
3008 Atkinson Ave – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 273-1549 – View Map
- Greater Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
1066 Wellington Way – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 224-2477 – View Map
- Blue Grass Insurance
2560 Richmond Rd # 200 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-0050 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Russ Tucker – State Farm Insurance Agent
1206 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 259-0404 – View Map
- State Farm – Bob Pitman
851 Corporate Dr Ste 200 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 223-1191 – View Map
- Shelter Insurance – Dawan Hart
2050 Regency Rd – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-2661 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a local claims center in Lexington?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Once you have good responses for all questions you ask and cheaper Juke insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Your vocation is a factor – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like doctors, business owners, and accountants generally pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, professions such as professors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of car insurance companies apply a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Optional features that cut premiums – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder auto theft.
- Liability coverage preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Always keep your car insurance policy in place – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a fast way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Tickets drive up prices – Careful drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Just one chargeable violation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Nissan Juke claim data – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium rates. Models that have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Juke Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though Lexington Juke insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Nissan Juke and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When searching for inexpensive Lexington auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced car insurance in Lexington is available on the web and with local Lexington insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can lower your Nissan Juke insurance rates in Lexington. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Nissan Juke rate quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lexington Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)