Really, the only way to get discount Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lexington is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Kentucky.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Lexington insurance agent
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Accord Hybrid coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Kentucky could save an average of 30% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Choosing the best rates in Lexington can be much easier if you know how to start. Although Kentucky car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offering Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Kentucky
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Lexington, KY. To buy cheaper car insurance in Lexington, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Cheaper Lexington car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Sign Online – A few larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you want inexpensive Lexington auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply in your state.
Eight Things That Impact Your Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
- Expect high rates for teens – Beginning drivers in Kentucky are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can buy on your Accord Hybrid policy. Things like rental car coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Stay claim-free and save money – Insurance companies in Kentucky generally give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Honda. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Higher prices for tough occupations – Occupations such as lawyers, architects, and accountants usually pay higher premium rates due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other professions such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
- How much liability do you need? – Liability coverage is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Accord Hybrid is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy is showing annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Honda Accord Hybrid claim data – Companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium costs. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the historical loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Accord Hybrid Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy only the required Kentucky minimum liability coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Compare rates but still have a local Lexington insurance agent
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Lexington who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Kentucky?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Lexington may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent agents in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
After you get good feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to service your policy.
How much can you save?
When getting Lexington auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. The cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Lexington can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Lexington auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
More information can be found at these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)