If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Lexington. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for information to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year will most likely move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Lexington is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to shop for insurance can make the process more efficient.
If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, use these techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. This article’s goal is to help educate you on how car insurance quotes work. Drivers only need an understanding of how to find the lowest price online.
Discounts can help save money on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Lexington
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will positively reduce your policy premiums.
Insurance companies that have these benefits possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply in Lexington. If you would like to see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Lexington, click this link.
All major car insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get pricing online. Getting quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Lexington is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into a form. When the form is submitted, their system will order reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Lexington makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest payment.
To compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Lexington, KY. In order to find cheap car insurance in Lexington, KY, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lexington Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Lower premiums with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Bump up coverage deductibles to lower rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Gender and insurance coverage prices – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband may save some money on car insurance. It usually means you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Should I rate my Fiat 124 Spider as pleasure use or commute?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Kentucky?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Fiat 124 Spider?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Lexington.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Lexington who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Car insurance is not optional in Kentucky
Despite the potentially high cost of Fiat 124 Spider insurance, car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Fiat, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Lexington auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a highly-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Lexington. The company rank data shown below can help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
When you buy Lexington auto insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered many ways to lower your Fiat 124 Spider insurance prices in Lexington. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Lexington auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)