It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around for better prices are likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who shopped around saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Lexington is why you’re here, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Lexington. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important note is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Audi S8 insurance in Lexington is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information including types of safety features, if a SR-22 is needed, whether you drive to work or school, and driver details. That information is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. To find the best auto insurance in Lexington, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lexington car insurance online.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Sign Online – Certain larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing over the internet.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Lexington car insurance with certain companies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
Companies that may include most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Lexington. To find insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Lexington, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Lexington.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lexington who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a good Lexington insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Lexington can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent agencies in Lexington who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Neely Taylor-Wade Insurance
133 Walton Ave – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-7855 – View Map
- Blue Grass Insurance
2560 Richmond Rd # 200 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-0050 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bryan Joseph Mitchell Agency
252 E Third St – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 293-2253 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lexington willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua Williams
2240 Executive Dr Ste 103 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 243-0162 – View Map
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
- State Farm: Clint Conrad
201 Ruccio Way #120 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-4366 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lexington?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
After you get positive responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Lexington?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Audi S8 Insurance Cost Factors
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower insurance prices. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Continuous coverage lowers rates – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Are you male or female? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women have accidents in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Careers such as judges, architects, and miners generally have higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers like actors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- With age comes responsibility – Older people are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers have been known to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Liability insurance is important – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Audi S8 claim probability – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi S8 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Audi S8 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi S8 4dr 4WD 288 266BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi S8 insurance, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S8 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote. Compare. Save.
When shopping online for insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for Audi S8 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
More information is available below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)