I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to paying for car insurance, in particular when it costs too dang much.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Consumers in Kentucky could save an average of almost 30% each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes. Many insurers vie for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the definite lowest rate on Chevy Sonic insurance in Lexington.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes periodically since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best price on Chevy Sonic insurance in Lexington two years ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of information about Sonic insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get some of the best techniques to find affordable car insurance in Lexington.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, you can learn to get lower rates without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest insurance in Lexington can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Shoppers only need to know the quickest way to quote multiple rates instantly.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Kentucky. To find cheap auto insurance in Lexington, KY, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Sonic in Lexington, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in Kentucky but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Lexington with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, anti-theft, military active duty, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for teen driver, automatic seat belts, driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and student driver.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, mySafetyValet, good student, air bags, and accident-free.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good student.
When getting free Lexington auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here.