Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Kentucky being $2,130, drivers could save an average of $600 each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
The most effective way to get budget car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Lexington.
- Read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without reducing coverage. The intent of this article is to instruct you on how insurance works and some tips to save money. Drivers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
These discounts can slash Jaguar S-Type insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive lower premium rates.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Lexington Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Lexington may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a lower insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, good driver, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, teen driver, switch companies, youthful driver, distant student, and homeowner.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, good student, defensive driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paperless, good student, anti-lock brakes, air bags, group or association, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- USAA may offer discounts for driver training, annual mileage, family discount, good student, military installation, new vehicle, and vehicle storage.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not apply in Lexington.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Kentucky. To get cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Getting quotes from local Lexington insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Lexington who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you want a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Lexington exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Bob Pugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
828 Lane Allen Rd #251 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 276-4421 – View Map
- Wallace Barber – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E New Cir Rd #120 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 543-0300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua Williams
2240 Executive Dr Ste 103 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 243-0162 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Lexington independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Elite Insurance
2408 Sir Barton Way # 375 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 264-9400 – View Map
- Cambridge Insurance
2300 Regency Road – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 252-0381 – View Map
- Al Jones Insurance Agency
274 Southland Dr, Suite #106A – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-0400 – View Map
Shop around and save
When shopping online for insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of techniques to find cheap Jaguar S-Type insurance in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More detailed insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Auto Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)