Really, the only way to get affordable car insurance rates in Lexington is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more information to help keep prices low and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Once received, put the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s astonishing, but most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Lexington could save approximately 30% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rates.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Locating the most affordable coverage in Lexington is not as time-consuming as you think. But Kentucky drivers must learn the way insurance companies determine how much to charge.
Most major insurance companies provide price estimates on the web. Getting online rates for Hyundai G80 insurance in Lexington can be done by anyone as you simply enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their rating system requests your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to perform this step if you want to get lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
In order to compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will get a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Kentucky. If you want cheap auto insurance in Lexington, KY, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is important particularly in Lexington.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Lexington who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a local Lexington insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can write business through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Below are independent agencies in Lexington who can help you get rate quotes.
- Boggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1353 W Main St # 2 – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 977-2055 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tim Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc
401 Lewis Hargett Cir #130 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-1234 – View Map
- Kent Smith Insurance / The Randolph Scott Agency
1025 Dove Run Rd #302 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 225-5616 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lexington that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Dwight McCarty – State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Walden Dr #211 – Lexington, KY 40517 – (859) 971-0266 – View Map
- Bob Pugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
828 Lane Allen Rd #251 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 276-4421 – View Map
- State Farm: Clint Conrad
201 Ruccio Way #120 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-4366 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lexington?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?