Are you looking for a better way to compare more competitive Saturn Outlook insurance in Lexington? Tired of not being able to afford to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in Kentucky.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in Kentucky could save nearly $600 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates.
How to find the cheapest rates for Saturn Outlook insurance in Lexington
The best way we recommend to get discount car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Lexington. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about policy coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Lexington insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Numerous insurers battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to discover the definitive best rate on Saturn Outlook insurance in Lexington.
You need to price shop coverage quite often due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Saturn Outlook insurance in Lexington six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Lexington is much easier if you know where to start. Vehicle owners just need to know the proper way to compare company rates online.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Kentucky. In order to find cheap car insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lexington auto insurance quote when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Outlook insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Saturn Outlook insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for age of vehicle, ease of repair, accident-free, multi-car, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, youthful driver, early shopping, business and professional, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for student away at school, group or association, mature driver, multiple vehicles, paid in full, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, newly married, new graduate, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, and newly retired.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, military installation, loyalty savings, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and annual mileage.
When getting free Lexington auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply in Lexington. To see providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Lexington, click here to view.
Saturn Outlook insurance analysis
The table shown below highlights different coverage prices for Saturn Outlook models. Knowing how policy rates are established can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$280||$488||$396||$24||$118||$1,306||$109|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$280||$488||$396||$24||$118||$1,306||$109|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$310||$576||$396||$24||$118||$1,424||$119|
|Outlook XE AWD||$310||$576||$396||$24||$118||$1,424||$119|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$310||$576||$396||$24||$118||$1,424||$119|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$310||$576||$396||$24||$118||$1,424||$119|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$310||$576||$396||$24||$118||$1,424||$119|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$310||$576||$396||$24||$118||$1,424||$119|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$310||$576||$396||$24||$118||$1,424||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Lexington which can affect coverage prices considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Saturn Outlook insurance prices for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Saturn Outlook liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Saturn Outlook car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Saturn Outlook book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Finding the best company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Kentucky. The rank data shown next could help you decide which coverage providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings.
The following are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Even one citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who get flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Saturn Outlook auto insurance rates for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- More mileage equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Outlook is just wasting money. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data.
- Being married pays dividends – Your spouse may cut your premiums on your insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for low performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Saturn Outlook insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
- Filing claims can cost more – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Kentucky award cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.