Trying to find more affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Lexington can seem to be slightly frustrating for drivers new to quoting coverage rates online. Since there are so many companies competing online, it can easily turn into a real hassle to find better rates on Lincoln LS insurance.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Lincoln LS insurance in Lexington
Really, the only way to get more affordable Lincoln LS insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Lexington. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on LS insurance. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around are likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that consumers who shopped around annually saved an average of $70 a month compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly Lincoln LS insurance in Lexington is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. These tips will instruct you on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how to save the most money. Nevertheless, Kentucky drivers do need to learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Best companies for affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Kentucky
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Lexington, KY, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of these eight discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new LS can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lexington auto insurance quote.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get lower premium rates.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, good student, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-policy, type of vehicle, professional/association, location of vehicle, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, anti-theft, military active duty, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in Lexington. For a list of providers that offer discounts in Lexington, click this link.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
Some people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Lexington that can provide free Lexington auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How are they compensated?
Lexington auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When looking for a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Lexington agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Lexington willing to provide rate quotes.
- Russ Tucker – State Farm Insurance Agent
1206 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 259-0404 – View Map
- David Lovejoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Towne Center Dr #125 – Lexington, KY 40511 – (859) 266-2121 – View Map
- State Farm: Bethany Hicks
1050 Chinoe Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 264-0246 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Lexington willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Heritage Insurance Agency
3306 Clays Mill Rd #106 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-1122 – View Map
- Forcht Insurance Agency
2721 Old Rosebud Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 335-0237 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Turner Ins Group LLC
3320 Clays Mill Rd #211 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-0972 – View Map
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and vandalism. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your LS resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your LS in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Lincoln LS.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Kentucky), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Liability car insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Kentucky state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be enough.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for dental work, X-ray expenses, surgery, funeral costs and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Cheap Lincoln LS insurance in Lexington is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lexington, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
How to save on Lincoln LS insurance in Lexington
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Lincoln LS insurance in Lexington is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell insurance in Kentucky. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper LS coverage is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read by following these links:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)