The recommended way to find more affordable Kia Stinger insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Lexington.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance in Lexington is why you’re reading this, understanding the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using this information. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Lexington is really quite easy. But Kentucky car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to market on the web because it varies considerably.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find a better price. Not every company allows you to get Lexington Stinger insurance quotes online, so you need to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Kentucky. To buy cheap car insurance in Lexington, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Lexington can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, ease of repair, anti-theft, accident-free, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for switch companies, mature driver, business and professional, homeowner, bundle discounts, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good student, driver’s education, good driver, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Allstate may have discounts that include FullPay discount, passive restraint, early signing, auto/life discount, multi-policy, and premier plus.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, seat belt use, membership and employees, air bags, emergency military deployment, good student, and five-year accident-free.
If you want affordable Kia Stinger insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. To choose insurance companies with the best Kia Stinger insurance discounts in Lexington, click this link.
How Your Stinger Insurance Costs are Determined
It’s important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Kia Stinger if you improve your credit rating. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Lower physical damage deductibles cost more – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Stress out and pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as fire fighters, executives, and medical professionals tend to pay higher average rates because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Multiple policies with one company – The majority of companies will give better rates to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Your address can influence prices – Having an address in areas with lower population has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- With age comes lower prices – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a youthful driver onto your auto insurance can really hurt. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
What if I want to buy from local Lexington insurance agencies?
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Lexington who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lexington?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Lexington?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
The following are agents in Lexington that may be willing to give rate quotes for Kia Stinger insurance in Lexington.
Bob Pugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
828 Lane Allen Rd #251 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 276-4421 – View Map
If you receive answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to a company that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Smart shoppers get results
You just read many ways to save on Kia Stinger insurance in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexington car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More affordable insurance in Lexington can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
More tips and info about insurance can be found by following these links:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)