Shocking but true, the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Kentucky could cut their rates by approximately $631 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Lexington. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to remember is to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the best rates in Lexington is not that difficult. If you already have coverage, you should be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Nevertheless, Kentucky vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Infiniti M37 insurance in Lexington takes advantage of the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as the year, make and model of vehicles, daily mileage, how you use your vehicles, and what your job is. That information gets sent immediately to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Lexington, KY. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Lexington, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Three good reasons to insure your M37
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your M37 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Infiniti at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get discounts on Lexington insurance
Some providers don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Lexington car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Lexington. To find providers who offer free Infiniti M37 insurance quotes in Lexington, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Lexington that can give you free Lexington car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- When do they do policy reviews?
When narrowing the list to find a good Lexington insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Lexington are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Lexington exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Bethany Hicks
1050 Chinoe Rd #100 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 264-0246 – View Map
- State Farm: Gina Hopper
115 S Locust Hill Dr #107 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 268-6998 – View Map
- State Farm: Mike Brownell
501 Darby Creek Rd – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 543-8454 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you need to contact at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lexington who can help you get price quotes.
- Neely Taylor-Wade Insurance
133 Walton Ave – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-7855 – View Map
- Al Torstrick Insurance Agency
343 Waller Ave #101 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 233-1461 – View Map
- Energy Insurance Inc
3008 Atkinson Ave – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 273-1549 – View Map
Best car insurance in Lexington
Choosing the top company can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Lexington. The company rank data below can help you select which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lexington Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
Compare rates regularly to save
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, high prices or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Infiniti M37 insurance in Lexington. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Infiniti M37 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)