I can't think of a single person who anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they could get a better deal.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around annually will presumably buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for BMW M2 insurance is your target objective, understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration. Vehicle owners have so many insurers to choose from, and although it's nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing for BMW M2 insurance in Lexington.
You need to compare premium rates occasionally because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on BMW M2 insurance in Lexington a year ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to learn one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Lexington, KY. To find cheap auto insurance in Lexington, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your BMW, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your BMW at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your BMW M2. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Kentucky is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These five discounts can lower BMW M2 insurance rates
Car insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lexington car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Lexington car insurance quote.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize driving manner remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Esurance may have discounts that include homeowner, DriveSense, defensive driver, Switch & Save, good student, and multi-car.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, newly retired, good student, new vehicle discount, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include mature driver, multi-policy, safe vehicle, good student, and paperless.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, driver training, daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Lexington. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer free BMW M2 insurance quotes in Lexington, follow this link.
Lexington car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Lexington. The ranking data in the lists below can help you decide which providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies