The preferred way to save on Pontiac G5 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Lexington. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
First, learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop around annually are highly likely to move their business because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for Pontiac G5 insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning about how to shop for coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Our goal is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you are insured now, you should be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these tips. Smart buyers just have to know the proper way to compare rate quotes online from multiple companies.
How much is Pontiac G5 insurance in Lexington, Kentucky?
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get insurance quotes direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Pontiac G5 insurance in Lexington is quite simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system collects credit information and your driving record and returns a price.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Pontiac G5 insurance in Lexington makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get lower-cost prices.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Kentucky. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Lexington, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Affordable Lexington auto insurance quotes with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current G5 insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- E-sign – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lexington and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, driver training, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, good student, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for age of vehicle, anti-theft, ease of repair, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, and accident-free.
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, good student, teen driver, early bird, and student driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for FullPay discount, senior citizen, EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, auto/life discount, utility vehicle, and early signing.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of auto insurance companies with the best Pontiac G5 insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac G5 insurance, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your G5 has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Pontiac G5 and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting small agencies is still important in Lexington.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Lexington that can give you free Lexington car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Lexington that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Greater Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
1066 Wellington Way – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 224-2477 – View Map
- Al Torstrick Insurance Agency
343 Waller Ave #101 – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 233-1461 – View Map
- Lexington Insurance Agency, Inc.
465 E High St #101 – Lexington, KY 40507 – (859) 253-6570 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lexington that are able to give rate quotes.
- Russ Tucker – State Farm Insurance Agent
1206 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 259-0404 – View Map
- Dawn Stice – State Farm Insurance Agent
121 Prosperous Pl Ste 11A – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 271-2277 – View Map
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Lexington should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?