If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Lexington. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for ideas to help reduce prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American drivers could cut their rates by $859 a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched.
Locating the best rates in Lexington is really not that difficult. In a nutshell, everyone who is overpaying for insurance will more than likely be able to find lower rates. But Kentucky drivers must learn the way companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Compare free Lexington Jaguar X-Type insurance quotes
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate the best price. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Kentucky. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Lexington, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Choosing the best Jaguar vehicle insurance in Kentucky is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper rates on Jaguar X-Type insurance in Lexington with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will help reduce your overall bill.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good driver
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for location of vehicle, ease of repair, good student, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, business or organization, defensive driving, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Lexington car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Lexington should know the answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How are they compensated?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long have they been in business?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
When searching for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Lexington are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Lexington who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below are Lexington independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Best auto insurance in Lexington
Choosing a high-quality auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Lexington. The company information displayed below could help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Lower-priced car insurance in Lexington is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Lexington car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When getting Lexington car insurance quotes online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lexington Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)