To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Lexington.
- Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper C-Max Hybrid coverage is available in Lexington. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Lexington can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
When looking for affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Kentucky. The fastest way to find the cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to actually drive to local insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the guidance that only an agent can give. However, consumers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Lexington, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
These discounts can cut Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Lexington and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Free – Lexington drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, early quote, payment discounts, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, early bird, air bags, good student, good driver, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, good student, and new move discount.
If you need cheaper Lexington auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Lower Your Lexington Insurance Costs
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find better insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into your rate level.
Male premiums may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Get married and pay less – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Your job may affect rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as lawyers, business owners, and dentists tend to have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, athletes and performers pay the least.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Credit score impacts prices – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Ford C-Max Hybrid by improving your rating.
Deter theft and pay less – Buying a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Why do you need liability protection? – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford C-Max Hybrid||99||92||95||94||89||100|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Lexington.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Lexington that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Lexington are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Lexington that may be able to give you price quotes.
Triad Insurance Agency, Inc.
1216 S Broadway – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 255-0806 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Lexington exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Choosing a insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Lower rates by being persistent
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Lexington. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)