Do you want a faster way to compare low-cost Volvo XC90 insurance in Lexington? Locating low-cost insurance for a Volvo XC90 in Kentucky can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates for your Volvo and obtain the lowest possible price from Lexington insurance agents and online providers.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Kentucky could cut their rates by approximately 30% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
You should take the time to compare premium rates occasionally because car insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Volvo XC90 insurance in Lexington six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Ways to get Volvo XC90 insurance price quotes in Lexington
Finding a lower price on Volvo XC90 insurance isn’t really that difficult. You just need to invest a little time to compare rates from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Lexington, KY. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Lexington, KY, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The table displayed next covers different coverage costs for Volvo XC90 models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are figured can assist in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC90 3.2 2WD||$152||$308||$342||$20||$102||$924||$77|
|XC90 3.2 R-Design 2WD||$152||$308||$342||$20||$102||$924||$77|
|XC90 3.2 AWD||$168||$356||$342||$20||$102||$988||$82|
|XC90 V8 AWD||$168||$356||$342||$20||$102||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in Lexington location which can alter price quotes noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Volvo XC90 insurance costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC90 yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC90 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volvo, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your XC90 definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help determine insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Guys tend to take more risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC90 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Lots of insurance companies allow discounts to clients that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
Know your credit score – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Volvo XC90 if you clean up your credit.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Policies have extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
File claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Kentucky give better rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
Marriage is a good thing – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Age of drivers impacts costs – Teen drivers in Kentucky are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your insurance policy can be very expensive. Older people are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is my Volvo XC90 covered for smoke damage?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Shop smart and save
Budget-conscious Volvo XC90 insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Lexington insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you quote Lexington auto insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy discount Volvo XC90 insurance in Lexington
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Lexington.
- Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lexington Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Homeowners in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lexington Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lexington Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)