Do you want a faster way to compare low-cost Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lexington? Searching for better insurance prices for a Subaru Crosstrek in Kentucky can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Subaru and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Lexington agents.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes periodically since prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lexington at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to buy cheaper Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lexington.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Lexington can initially seem challenging. If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Smart shoppers just have to use the proper way to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
Car insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Kentucky
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lexington?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- College Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Lexington and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Crosstrek insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Lexington Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates in Lexington.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Kentucky, click here to view.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Lexington insurance agencies?
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Lexington who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What companies can they write with?
Lexington car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Lexington may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out why they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Below are Lexington exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua Williams
2240 Executive Dr Ste 103 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 243-0162 – View Map
- State Farm – Bob Pitman
851 Corporate Dr Ste 200 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 223-1191 – View Map
- Wallace Barber – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E New Cir Rd #120 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 543-0300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most also have access to smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Lexington independent insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Kentucky Insurance Group-Joe Downs
989 Governors Ln – Lexington, KY 40513 – (859) 277-8877 – View Map
- Cambridge Insurance
2300 Regency Road – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 252-0381 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: McGuire Insurance Agency, Inc
185 Pasadena Dr Ste 235 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 268-2542 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Subaru Crosstrek.
Due to the fact that many Kentucky drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Kentucky requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like nursing services, surgery and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Crosstrek to bring the cost down.
Be persistent and save
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lexington. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Lexington auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim and high prices. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lexington can be found online and with local Lexington insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding better rates for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lexington
The best way to find lower priced Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Lexington.
- Learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Lexington. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lexington, KY? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Lexington? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)