It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop around will probably switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped around saved $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Lexington is your intention, then understanding how to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The most effective way to get budget Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Lexington is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Kentucky.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for tips to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. Find a Lexington insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. When you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best rate selection.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this post is to help educate you on the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. Smart buyers just need to learn the quickest method to quote multiple rates on the web.
Compare Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates
Reducing your insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Kentucky. To locate cheap auto insurance in KY, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Lexington insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Lexington car insurance quote.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Lexington can help you save on insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
To locate providers that offer some of these discounts in Lexington, follow this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Lexington who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lexington?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
What type of Lexington car insurance agent is right for you?
When searching for a local Lexington insurance agent, there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Lexington agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below are Lexington exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Fayette County – Versailles Rd
1316 Versailles Rd – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 253-1626 – View Map
- Dawn Stice – State Farm Insurance Agent
121 Prosperous Pl Ste 11A – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 271-2277 – View Map
- Shelter Insurance – Dawan Hart
2050 Regency Rd – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 276-2661 – View Map
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Lexington that can give you comparison quotes.
- Keystone Sills Insurance Agency
210 Malabu Dr – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 276-1881 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Turner Ins Group LLC
3320 Clays Mill Rd #211 – Lexington, KY 40503 – (859) 219-0972 – View Map
- Triad Insurance Agency, Inc.
1216 S Broadway – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 255-0806 – View Map
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as the cheapest Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Lexington quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reputable and can provide auto insurance coverage.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Volkswagen Atlas Insurance
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand the factors that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Premiums drop with age – Young drivers in Kentucky are known to be more careless in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Gals tend to take less risk – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders have auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Don’t abuse auto insurance claims – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Kentucky provide better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Good drivers pay the best rates – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most major companies allow lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Atlas may be costing you.
- Credit history impacts costs – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Atlas if you improve your credit rating.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Atlas in Lexington, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volkswagen Atlas with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Volkswagen and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Kentucky overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
When searching for cheaper Lexington car insurance quotes, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Lexington can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Lexington agents, so you need to shop Lexington car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Lexington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Lexington? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)