The most effective way to save money on Saturn Ion insurance in Lexington is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Kentucky. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Inconceivable but true, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can save about $859 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the best rates in Lexington is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop their coverage around from many companies at once.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Saturn Ion insurance in Lexington is to understand car insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how much school you completed, marital status, level of coverage desired, and if a SR-22 is needed. Your rating data is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Lexington, KY. To get cheap car insurance in Kentucky, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can reduce Saturn Ion insurance rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Lexington can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Three reasons to insure your Ion
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saturn Ion in Lexington, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Saturn at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Saturn. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but still have a local Lexington insurance agency
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Lexington that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Any good agent in Lexington should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Kentucky?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you would like to find a good Lexington insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lexington who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Wallace Barber – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E New Cir Rd #120 – Lexington, KY 40505 – (859) 543-0300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Ison
2121 Richmond Rd Ste 145 – Lexington, KY 40502 – (859) 268-8850 – View Map
- Dawn Stice – State Farm Insurance Agent
121 Prosperous Pl Ste 11A – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 271-2277 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lexington that can give you price quotes.
- Strong Insurance Agency, LLC
80 Codell Dr #120 – Lexington, KY 40509 – (859) 263-5840 – View Map
- Sullivan Insurance Agency
635 N Broadway – Lexington, KY 40508 – (859) 233-1637 – View Map
- Ky Insurance and Investment
1801 Alexandria Dr – Lexington, KY 40504 – (859) 373-1282 – View Map
Once you have satisfactory answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage.